Monday, September 21, 2015

The Joy of Rescue (Psalm 21)

Joy Everlasting


According to the writers of the Old Testament, happiness may come and go but joy, anchored in God’s love for us, endures forever.  David writes about God’s unfailing love as the basis for his joy in Psalm 21. As in other psalms, David places the key thought in the very center of the psalm (21:7) and echoes this theme in the first and last verses (21:1, 13). (He uses the same structure in Psalm 23.)

·         Read Psalm 21. What quality of God appears in both the first and the last verses as a reason for rejoicing?

 
 

·         What keynote does David sound in this psalm (v.7)?

1 comment:

  1. Where does my strength come from? My strength comes from the LORD. v1; O Lord, the king rejoices in YOUR strength. How great is his joy in the victories YOU GIVE.
    Where does my trust come from? My trust comes from the Lord. v7; For the king trusts in the LORD; through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken.
    Where does my joy come from? My joy comes from the Lord. v6; Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.
    How will I thank the LORD for my joy? v13; Be exalted, O Lord, in your strength; we will sing and praise your might.

    ReplyDelete