Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Abundance (Day 3) Hezekiah’s Praise

Read, 2 Kings 19:15-19, Psalm 66

Think about your praise ‘habits’ and mark the following statements true or fuels.
·         Those around me have to wear ear plugs.
·         I usually praise God only for the really big blessings.
·         God’s praise shines in my smile and sings in my heart.
·         I’m afraid to tell of the wonderful things God is doing.
·         Sometimes when I hear the word praise, I think, what for?
·         My praise does not show the magnitude of joy in my heart.

Hezekiah’s Prayer, 2 Kings 18:5-7, Gods response v 20-23a & 27-36 (read, Ps. 66:1-4)
What benefits are there to praising God with friends? With the whole congregations? With “all the earth”.
·         Can you share a time when God’s actions on your behalf prompted you to ask other to join you in praising God?
·         Why is it important for us to recall God’s acts of deliverance for His church today?
·         What happens to our spiritual life when we ignore or refuse to see the awesome things God does for His people? What happens to our praise? What can bring us back “on track”?

 
 Hezekiah considers God’s recue of His people a personal deliverance as well. In the remaining verses of Psalm 66, he gives his personal response to God. Read verses 13-20. What is Hezekiah looking forward to? What does he want to do?

When has someone you know gone through “fire and water” and been brought by God “to a place of abundance”?

“Let the sound of His praise be heard!”
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hezekiah trusted in the Lord, the God of Israel. There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before him or after him. (2 Kings 18:5,6)
    As Hezekiah closes in prayer he says, 'Now, O Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all kingdoms on earth may know that you alone, O Lord, are God.' (2 Kings 19:19)
    The angel of the Lord went out and put to death 185,000 men and the Assyrian camp. (2Kings 19:35)
    I believe Hezekiah had an abundance of joy from the Holy Spirit as he saw God work miraculous signs and wonders in order that God's people would be saved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe God prompted me to begin a new journey through His Word encouraging other women of the faith to do the same. What a joy it is to know that other ladies have been encouraged by these Bible studies, not by what I have done but by what God is revealing to us within His Word.

    ReplyDelete