Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 4 The Empty Soul Filled with God’s Love

David experienced a longing for God; he knew where to go—to the sanctuary. There he experienced God’s love. And in his deep emptiness he re-experiences God’s faithful, fulfilling love, which floods his thirsting soul.  The experience is so powerful, --- “I will praise You as long as I live.”
 
Psalms 63:2-4
 
·         How might your faith be affected if you were unable to worship in God’s house?

·         What part(s) of God’s house give you comfort and the reassurance of God’s love?

He reaches out to us in the knowledge of His love, mercy and forgiveness.
·         Share (if you’d like) a time when your experienced God’s love flooding your soul. Do times of emptiness often precede these experiences?

·         How does realizing God’s great love all over again leave a mark on your life?

      Those who put their trust in God will receive the ultimate fulfillment---heaven.  Why can you know this is true? How can focusing on your ultimate and eternal fulfillment strengthen you to make it through the dry and wear times of this life?

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever read a verse in Scripture that remindeds you of a song and then find yourself singing it throughout the day?
    Psalm 63
    "oh God you are my God, and I will ever praise you. I will seek you in the morning, I will follow you all of my days, and step-by-step you lead me, and I will follow you all of my days"

    The words of John 15:1-17 spoke to me this morning.
    v5, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
    v7, if you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
    v16,17, you did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.

    Would I be affected if I could not worship in God's house? Yes, even when my salvation remains in the Lord, I would be affected. If I could not worship in God's house and fellowship with fellow believers, my faith would be tested. My flesh may wander into the dry and wariness of life if I walk away from Him. But thanks be to God that we are not reaching out to Him alone but Jesus is with us, reminding me that God will never leave me nor for sake me.

    ReplyDelete